The Norway Spruce grows rather quickly reaching a height of 6′ in less than 7 years. It grows well in average soils but prefers a moderate moisture level to thrive. While prized for ornamental uses and timber it makes for an excellent windbreak when planted in a stand. It is not recommended to cut and display Norway Spruce.
The needles of a Norway Spruce are approximately 1″ long and densely grouped on the limbs. The color of a Norway Spruce varies slightly from tree to tree but is best described as being a deep, dark green.
- Fast growing, grows to 150′
- Will reach 6′ in 6-7 years – starting with a 3 year seedling
- Needles are 1″ long
- Dense, dark green
- Thrives well in average soil conditions, prefers moisture in soil to maintain deep green color
- Used for ornamental and timber
- Excellent windbreak
- NOT good for Christmas trees if cut before 2nd week in Dec.
- 3′ to 9′ live in burlap
- Up to 9′ cut your own